Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of Jacobs Engineering, one of the nation's largest engineering and technical services-only companies. Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motorsports community Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers. We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities
Assume responsibility for specific technical areas and prepare procedures as required. May train and be assisted by lower grade level associates and craftsmen. Performs calibration and preventive maintenance activities in an Engine Dynamometer test facility. Responsibilities include:
- Correct and timely completion of work orders
- Documentation and file maintenance
- Utilize Asset Management database software
- Operate Calibration Standards to perform calibration on various types of devices, e.g. pressure transducers and transmitters, load cells, temperature transmitters, A to D cards, PLC controllers, humidity indicators, gas analyzers,transmitters, and handheld/bench top test instruments such as multimeters, process calibrators, thermometers.
- Work with computers, Microsoft-Office applications, and other database tools to perform routine tasks.
- Perform equipment lock out as needed
- Manage consumable inventories
- Schematic reading, trouble shoot facility problems, participate in facility upgrade projects
- Planned maintenance - preventive maintenance and calibration of instrument/subsystem
- Reactive maintenance - Instrument/system troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair
- Interpret calibration data
- Compliance with local safety and quality procedures
Associates Degree or equivalent in instrumentation, electronics, or a related discipline. Minimum of one (1) years previous experience as an Electronic Technician and minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience for all other areas of specialty. Experience in instrumentation calibration, calibration procedure development, instrument component repair, and instrumentation / electrical schematic reading is required.
Lifting cables, light weight instrumentation 60%
Safety glasses, gloves, hardened toe slip resistant shoes 100%
High noise in some work areas requiring use of hearing protection 25%
Work will be done inside test facility 100%
Energized samples, rotating parts 50%
Equipment and Machines:
Computers, copy machines, fax machines 75%
Hand tools, multimeters, and other electrical diagnostic devices 80%
Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. - 100%
Shift assignmetn is subject to change, candidate must be flexible
Attendance and punctuality is critical - 100%
Other Essential Functions:
Must take and pass a pre employment and background test.
Jacobs Technology - 17 months ago