Parsons Brinckerhoff's Boston Power Group has a need for a Supervising Instrument and Control Systems Engineer, with a BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university. Professional Engineer (PE) certification is desirable (not mandatory)
Candidate will work under the supervision of Senior Supervising Instrument and Control systems engineer on all types of power generation facilities in particular oil and gas-fired boiler plants; steam plants; gas turbine combined and simple-cycle plants, cogeneration plants and renewable energy efforts; such as CHP and landfill gas recovery projects.
Work with project mechanical, electrical, civil and structural engineers as well as mechanical and electrical designers to develop the following Instrument and Control system tasks:
- Preparation of Instrumentation Technical Procurement Specifications for DCS, CEMS, field instrument and control valves as well as plant construction
- Review and analysis of equipment vendor competitive proposals, including follow-up work and interface with selected major equipment vendor
- Sizing of control valves and flow meters
- Working with AutoCAD design computer programs to provide loop diagrams, DCS Architecture diagrams and instrument installation details
- Preparation of Instrument Data Sheets and developing an instrument data base for Instrument
- Preparation of DCS I/O Lists
- Preparation of Control Logics, Logic Narratives and Elementary Diagrams.
- Adding controls and instrumentation to plant Piping &Instrumentation Diagrams.
BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university. Professional Engineer (PE) certification is desirable (not mandatory). A minimum of 10 years experience. Must have the legal authorization to immediately work in the United States.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an EOE
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 2 years ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...