CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a I&C Maintenence Technician.
The I&C Technician maintains some of the most important, expensive and sensitive equipment CPS Energy operates for Power Generation. Responsible for the installation and maintenance of DCS control systems, Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, Water Quality Analysis Systems at all Power Plants. Performs new control system installations, critical loop calibrations and plant performance testing. Maintains generator voltage regulators, demineralizers and other environmental control equipment that is analyzed by the EPA. The Technicians are required to be available 24/7 for emergency repairs on boilers, turbine/generators and coal conveyor systems. This position is necessary to meet additional work scope for compliance with NERC standards.
TECHNICIAN INSTRUMENT & CONTROL MAINTENANCE
• Performs maintenance and calibration on existing electrical and instrumentation equipment.
• Performs maintenance on existing control systems.
• Performs new control systems installations, checkouts and performance testing.
• Performs in-depth troubleshooting on new control systems including field devices.
• Performs plant performance testing using hand tools, power tools, personal computer and analyzers.
• Interfaces with other Plant Operations and Maintenance personnel in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting of related systems.
• Works for extended periods of time in the shop or in the field.
• Standing “call duty” on a periodic rotating basis and be available for emergency call 24/7.
• Technician must follow a line of progression to Tech. Level III as defined in the I&C Maintenance Technician program.
• May travel for training purposes or factory acceptance testing of new systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate Degree in the Instrumentation and Controls field from an accredited technical school or state college OR equivalent military industrial controls training.
• Must demonstrate the ability to perform maintenance and calibrations on pressure transmitters, level transmitters, flow transmitters, pressure switches, thermocouples, RTD’s and Smart instrumentation devices(HART protocol).
• Must demonstrate the ability to operate instrumentation test equipment.
• Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
CPS Energy - 23 months ago
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...