Manages and administers risk financing and risk control activities. Evaluates risk exposure for the company.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Supports insurance renewal activities, including preparation of underw r iting submissions, negotiation, procurement/placement and review for compliance of terms and conditions of insured and/or self-insured programs.
- Supports construction-related insurance programs.
- Supports the contract review process and negotiates contractual insurance requirements.
- Works with management to establish “best in industry” processes, programs and implementation of company-wide initiatives related to risk management and insurance.
- Works closely with business units to provide insurance support and training.
- Supports the preparation of insurance budget and premium allocations.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
Requires a BS/BA in Risk Management, Insurance, Finance, Business or related field plus 5 or more years experience in risk management and/or property and casualty insurance. Energy and/or construction industry experience preferred. Professional designation (ARM, CRM, CPCU) a plus.
Microsoft Office knowledge, including Excel, Word, and Intermediate to Advanced PowerPoint skills required. Demonstrated ability in execution of projects. Demonstrated ability in developing strong cross-functional partnerships. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Excellent communication skills including verbal and written.
101 Ash St
State / Province:
The Sempra family of companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sempra Energy was created in 1998 by a merger of parent companies of two long-established, and highly respected, investor-owned utilities...