POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President Insurance
Serve as primary agent for renewing policies with combined crop and hail premium of $25,000 or less and servicing crop and hail insurance policies to all customers, while building strong working relationships with customers and prospects. Provide insurance sales support to Financial Officers and sales and service support to Insurance Specialists. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers by providing consistent high quality service that is timely, thorough, and responsive to meet and exceed their expectations. Collaborate with marketplace teams to reach sales goals and with Omaha Insurance Team to facilitate timely and accurate processing of data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
Job Grade 16.
1. Serve as the primary agent for new crop and crop hail insurance sales and service for walk-in customers, and for renewals and servicing crop and crop hail insurance customers, typically not to exceed the premium amount defined above.
2. Communicate coverage options to customers, demonstrating basic understanding of insurance product performance. Utilize insurance website tools, policy provisions, and other resources to assist customer in making risk management decisions. Serve as primary point of contact for assigned customer base on product and coverage options and policy changes and requirements.
3. Utilize standardized processes to service policies; including policy changes, collecting production history, acreage information and reporting losses for policy holders in their established portfolio.
4. Ensure timely submission of insurance documents and maintenance of insurance policy files for retail office or marketplace portfolio. Utilize insurance website reports, resources, and processes to assure complete and accurate reporting and to assure reporting deadlines are met to protect coverage. May include identification of insurance document index values and/or scanning of documents.
5. Work with Financial Officer, Insurance Specialist, or Insurance Analyst as needed when interacting with customers in own portfolio to sell and service crop and crop hail insurance. Possess a working knowledge of AgriView quoting and risk management tool and AgentPro workflow. Ability to prepare and present quotes for own portfolio.
6. Complete renewal and service processes via phone, mail, or customer visits to retail office. Limited travel may be required to support customers in approximately the top 20% of the defined premium range.
7. Complete the editing as assigned for processed insurance documents such as acreage reports, confirmation of coverage forms, production reports, and schedules of insurance.
8. Provide overall assistance to Financial Officers and service and sales support to Insurance Specialists with service on the retail office portfolios. Ensure timely distribution of communications to customers.
9. Utilize multiple insurance company and government websites to obtain general information and to monitor progress regarding specific policies.
10. Facilitate problem resolution to the customer’s satisfaction, which may include involving other team members.
11. Insurance portfolio responsibilities include collection and monitoring of delinquent insurance premiums. Work with appropriate team members in determining the proper approach to resolve accounts with delinquent premiums.
12. Enter livestock policies in processing software as back-up for Insurance Specialist.
Additional duties for Job Grade 17-18
13. Provide input for customization of customer communications including newsletter, brochures, and form letters.
14. Assist with development and implementation of marketplace sales and service plan.
15. Assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating effective producer meetings.
16. Possess a strong working knowledge of AgriView quoting and risk management tool modeling different scenarios and strategies to determine best coverage to meet customer needs.. Independently prepare and present quotes for own portfolio. May present and prepare quotes as directed on higher premium amount policies when Financial Officer or Insurance Specialist serving larger policies is unavailable.
17. Complete editing as assigned for processed insurance documents such as acreage reports, confirmation of coverage forms, production reports, and schedules of insurance.
18. Utilize official publications including Crop Insurance Handbook, Loss Adjustment Manual, policy provisions, and other official resources for problem solving. Research other industry and RMA publications to provide risk management information to assist customer decision-making.
19. Identify future customer needs and cross-selling opportunities and analyze new and renewal policies for application of best practices for optimum customer risk management for retail office/marketplace insurance portfolio.
20. Provide back up support to the Centralized Processing Team. Utilize company software for processing insurance forms such as acreage report.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Grade 16: High school education or equivalent required. Two to four year college degree preferred and/or a combination of related experience or specialized training. A minimum of three years related experience required. Must possess applicable current insurance licenses (or have the ability to obtain). Ability to complete internal sales training, such as Professional Selling Skills (PSS) training course. Knowledge of crop and hail insurance products preferred. Servicing responsibilities will be to customers who have less than 1,000 acres insured and a GFI range 1,000 acres. GFI Range $750.
Number of customers: 120-130. 35% 1,000 acres. GFI Range $750K .
Job Grade 18: High school education or equivalent required. Four-year degree preferred and/or a combination of related experience or specialized training. A minimum of five to seven years of related experience. Must possess applicable current insurance licenses or have the ability to obtain and possess demonstrated expertise in selling skills. Completion of internal sales training, such as Professional Selling Skills (PSS) training course. In-depth knowledge and demonstrated expertise of crop and hail insurance products required as well as a solid understanding of insurance industry. Servicing responsibilities will be focused on customers who have greater than 1,000 acres insured and GFI > $750K. Portfolio is typically composed of larger and more complex policies.
Number of customers: 130-150. 25% 1,000 acres. GFI Range >$750K.
- A broad working knowledge of Farm Credit Services of America processes.
- Fundamental understanding of crop and crop hail sales and policy administration.
- Fundamental knowledge of FCSAmerica loan products.
- Ability to work independently with remotely located supervision and direction.
- Basic knowledge of insurance principles and their application to insurance delivery.
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential materials.
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong human relations, written and oral skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated team building attitude and skills.
- Knowledge of Association insurance policies, procedures, standards and guidelines required.
- Ability to use crop insurance quoting and related software applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
Extensive internal contact with marketplace teams. Regular contact with Omaha teams. Extensive contact with Insurance Services Team, and frequent contact with insurance customers for sales and service of policies.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
- Ability to operate a telephone; fax machine, calculator and a computer proficiently.
- Ability to hear telephone conversation and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and to give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Provides sound technical advice to clients and potential clients in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understands and explains various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, respond to customer needs and/or other related work activities.
- Ability to complete work in acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to work some irregular hours.
- Ability to travel independently up to 5%-15% of work time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...