Acceptance Auto Insurance is a retailer, servicer and underwriter of non-standard personal automobile insurance based in Nashville, Tennessee. We currently write non-standard personal automobile insurance in 12 states and are licensed as an insurer in 13 additional states. As of September 30, 2011, we leased and operated 383 retail locations, staffed by employee-agents. Our employee-agents exclusively sell insurance products either underwritten or serviced by us.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
The Insurance Agent/Retail Sales Manager is responsible for the sale of insurance products and handling all customer contacts received either by telephone or face-to-face in the retail location. This position regularly engages in sales activities with customers and is responsible for processing customer applications, endorsements, payments and inquiries. The Retail Sales Manager is also responsible for being recognized as a trusted business advisor, and a representative of the company’s values and mission.
- Assess customer needs and advise clients on coverage options. Provide quotations, pricing, and required information to prospects. Complete the sales process for each customer.
- Develops and maintains relationships with business partners around the community (ie car dealers, loan processors, etc).
- Perform outside marketing activities to generate company sales.
- Prepare quotations on customer change requests to policies
- Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints. Request any missing or required information from customers and follow up for that information.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all company products, pricing, and policy features.
- Maintain knowledge of industry competitors and provide critical market feedback to your supervisor regarding local competition and service needs.
- Direct customer service representatives (CSRs) in tasks relating to coverage of retail office.
- Follow-up routinely with customers on all open or unresolved issues including calling lapsed customers.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Report any and all conditions affecting customer satisfaction.
- Maintain appropriate records including, but not limited to, all time worked, reporting of sales activities, other reporting as required by Regional Manager or Corporate Office.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills needed for working with our customers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to compute basic percentages.
- Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written or oral instructions.
- Skill and ability to use and operate a keyboard, computer, fax machine, scanner and copier.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance.
Four-year college degree preferred
1-2 years related experience and/or training. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and AS-400/Mocha is preferred.
Ability to fluently speak, read and write English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute basic percentages.
Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written or oral instructions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists.
Learn more and apply
Visit us at www.acceptanceinsurance.com/careers
At Acceptance Insurance, we have created a work environment that brings out the best in our employees. We are large in number and opportunities. The only limit in our company is your amount of motivation!
Acceptance Insurance - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
First Acceptance sells car insurance to customers wanting to stay on the right side of the law. The personal auto insurer operates its...