The Insurance Agent will be responsible for evaluating insurance needs, proposing coverage options and provide maintenance with existing policies. The Insurance Agent will establish, develop and maintain relationships with internal and external lead sources that will enable them to prepare and present insurance quotes to perspective members while advocating UFCU’s philosophy of protecting member wealth through education and sound advice.
# (In order of importance)
Essential Function Description
Be a direct contact to members who have been referred to UFCU's insurance department for quotes.
Develop and maintain client portfolio.
Sell insurance products based on member needs.
Answer all general questions regarding existing policies with minimum supervision.
Administer all customary, usual and/or necessary services required by any member.
Ensure that each member receives coverage that is specific to their needs.
Attend outside marketing events as deemed necessary by leadership team.
Performs other duties as assigned.
High school Diploma or equivalent required
- At least five years experience as an agent specializing in personal lines.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to growing business.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining existing business relationships.
- Experience in an independent agency desired.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
- Texas Property Casualty (P&C) license required
- Must be able to maintain appointment with various external insurance carriers.
UFCU Core Competencies.
In addition to fulfilling the position’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities, an individual must demonstrate UFCU’s 7 Core Competencies:
Note: Must be bondable.
- Leadership – Leading & Developing Self
- Building Relationships
- Member Advocacy
- Achieving Results
- Financial Aptitude
University Federal Credit Union - 12 months ago