Perform accounts receivable follow-up/collection procedures to obtain timely reimbursement from third-party carriers and other payment sources. Perform collection activity for assigned divisions, third-party carriers and individual providers. Maintain contacts with third-party carriers and communicate billing/reimbursement changes to management in timely manner. Assist in evaluation of A/R and participate in development of collection strategies to decrease outstanding A/R. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD9 and CPT4 coding as it relates to third-party carrier reimbursement.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local legal and regulatory provisions that relate to collection activities.
- Knowledge of third-party carrier operating procedures and practices, particularly as they relate to levels and methods of reimbursement.
- Skill in defining problems, collecting data and interpreting billing information.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness and to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Proficiency in use of computer and calculator.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accouting, Finance, Accountant, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...