The position will be responsible for the daily operations of the Insurance Department, including distributing appropriate workload, evaluating employee performance, and ensuring quality services to internal and external customers. One of the primary objectives is the focus and achievement of insurance sales. Another important objective is to oversee positive resolutions on auto insurance claims.
A key aspect of this position is to ensure that our staff provides adequate servicing to various types of claims, negotiates protocol on insurance settlement, and maintains satisfactory claim resolution. Additional duty is to ensure that proper guidelines and procedures are executed on reimbursement of premium in accordance to Department of Insurance rules and regulations.
This individual will primarily interact with insurance companies, dealerships, external and internal customers, as well as business associates from Knight Management to ensure effective communication at all times, assist with deployment and implementation of any new insurance product. Other interactions include internal departments such as Collections, Acquisitions, Accounting, Titles, Marketing, and Dealer Representative Force.
The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and demonstrates superior judgment-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with Westlake policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates financial reconciliation between Westlake and business associates.
• Prepares and tracks premium commissions.
• Identifies and promptly communicates potential risk areas to superiors and/or affected departments.
• Accurately tracks inception of Material Damage and Gap policies.
• Interviews and evaluates potential relationships with Auto Repair Facilities.
• Effectively communicates insurance product changes to all clients.
• Maintains productive relationships with preferred Auto Repair Facilities.
• Selects, trains, evaluates and supervises department associates, including performance and management and compensation administration, up to and including disciplinary action and termination.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
• Detail-oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and adhere to daily and monthly dead lines.
• Ability to work independently and make sound, knowledgeable decisions.
• Strong comprehension of ACV, NADA , Karpower and Market Values.
• Adaptability to market and procedural changes.
• Comprehension of insurance guidelines and familiarity of Insurance Laws, Vehicle Codes and Penal Codes.
• Able to identify process inefficiencies and implement superior solutions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Previous work experience in the automotive finance industry preferred.
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
• Extensive knowledge of the Fair Claim Settlement Act.
• Strong knowledge of the various types of auto claim. (1st Party, 3rd Party, Lien Holder & Repo Claim)
• Familiarity with auto collection delinquency.
• Fire/Property Casualty License.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
• Day Break or other retail consumer servicing systems.
• Personal computer; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• 10-Key calculator and keyboard skills.
• Web applications and navigation.
• Nada, Karpower, ACV Calculator.
• Copier, Righfax and general office equipment.
People. Purpose. Passion. These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1978. Westlake has...