EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned)
- Investigates claims and formulates solutions
- Assists in maintaining, updating and auditing the patient account information
- Transfers charges to the correct agency or carrier, when appropriate
- Communicates with insurance companies and patients as needed
- Adjusts patient accounts according to established policies and procedures
- Communicates appropriate problems, questions and / or concerns to supervisor
- Assists colleagues in department and other office personnel, as appropriate
- Displays initiative, when appropriate, while investigating insurance pending reports and handling other assignments
- Adheres to all elements of the established corporate compliance plan
- Maintains strictest confidentiality both internally and externally
- Performs related work as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Skill in data entry, processing, and computer skills
- Knowledge of basic spelling, grammar and punctuation to process patient information
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to work effectively with physicians, patients, staff and the public
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
EXPERIENCE: Prefer one year experience in a medical billing setting.
- experience working Medicare, Tricare and VA denials is a plus
Summit Medical Group is the largest and oldest physician-owned multispecialty practice in New Jersey. In addition to its 250,000-square-foot...