Primary responsibility is to reconcile company statements/invoices and pay in timely manner. Additional responsibilities would include a variety of accounting tasks in the finance department. Must be able to accurately compute, record and verifying numerical data in a professional and knowledgeable manner; ensuring adherence to company policies and general accounting principles.
The essential duties contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and insurance carriers.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivables, agency bill reconciliation).
- Enters data into agency management system using defined computer programs.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
Prior commercial insurance accounting experience preferred. College degree preferred or high school diploma or equivalent combined with similar accounting related experience.
- Prior experience handling insurance company payables preferred
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly effective inter-personal skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Detail oriented with above average analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic: team player.
Hub International Limited - 8 months ago
Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office structure....