Insurance Agency Customer Service Representative
~Property-Casualty Insurance Experience
~Customer Service Experience
~Flexible, Versatile Professional
Are you looking for a customer service position in a smaller organization where you can make an impact and actually know your customers? Are you tired of the constant craziness of "change for change's sake" (rather than change that actually improves operations)? NAMIC may be the right place for you!
We are pleased and proud to be one of Indiana's Best Places to Work in 2011! (For morning information on this, please go to www.bestplacestoworkin.com ) We are a stable employer with a positive culture, hard workers, and low turnover. Sound good? Read on to find out more...
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) is a national trade association that represents the interests of and provides services to the property/casualty insurance industry. In existence since 1895, we are located in College Park near The Pyramids on the northwest side of Indianapolis with easy access off 465 at the Michigan Road Exit.
One of the services we provide to our member companies is the availability of professional liability insurance (errors and omissions, directors and officers, insurance company professional liability, etc.). Our in-house agency, the NAMIC Insurance Agency (NIA), currently has an opening for a Customer Service Representative to work with our member companies' insurance needs. This position processes quotes and endorsements, issues polies, and responds to customers' telephone and email inquiries, as well as handling other related duties.
This is a small agency housed within the larger NAMIC organization, so each employee plays a critical role in the team effort. Regular work hours are Monday thru Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but we have some flexibility on work hours after initial training is completed. All training is conducted on-the-job in our Indianapolis location and there are no overnight shifts or strange hours. The most amazing part of joining our staff is that co-workers are eager to see you succeed and share information willingly to help you train and become acquainted with our operation!
This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; a company-matched 401(k) plan; paid life insurance; paid vacation time; and more! We have periodic workplace parties at lunch time for fun, fresh fruit available in our break room for healthy snacking, and a great spirit of comaraderie!
The well-qualified candidate will have:
- One to three years' of property-casualty experience working in a wholesale/broker operation, an insurance agency or in an insurance company, preferably in a customer service position;
- excellent customer service skills are critical including a professional, yet friendly, demeanor;.
- experience with professional liability or surplus lines insurance is a plus, but not required;
- and having an active Indiana property/casualty license or the ability to obtain one quickly is important. (A clear criminal record is required.)
The following are also important:
- working knowledge of Word and Excel
- basic math and accounting aptitude
- good verbal and written communication skills
- strong attention to detail
- working well as part of a team
- good interpersonal skills and a"can do" attitude
- solid work ethic
- good sense of humor : -)
If you have a property/casualty insurance background, positive customer service skills, and a real desire to learn, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume with a cover letter to Joy Klinker, HR Coordinator to apply for this position.
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer.