Provide direct supervision of staff involved in the servicing and processing insurance policies for customers and agents for the insurance company. This includes a combination of Customer Service Representatives, processing specialists, Underwriters, and Clerical staff. Ensure that policyholders receive prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Supervises staff in coordination with the Manager or Director of Insurance. Provide direct “hands on" support and direction , training, counseling while demonstrating the proper professional behavior expected through poised communication with staff. Ensures cooperation of staff in producing efficient, accurate, courteous work. Provides for fair and consistent supervision and guidance to employees. Maintains employee records and documentation necessary for the efficient operation of the Department and to ensure good understanding of individual employee performance and capabilities. Ensures adequate training so that employees will reach a standard level of performance within 6 months of hire. Reports serious problems with work processing or employees to Manager/ Director on a timely basis.
- Ensures the attainment and maintenance of Top Box Quality Service Standards in the delivery of customer service via frequent call monitoring and evaluation of departmental employees.
- Develops and implements production standards for staff. Assigns, records, and measures workload of assigned C.S.R., Underwriting and/or Clerical Staff.
- Ensures proper functioning of CRU. ncludes day-to-day work flow and data audit and security practices. andles complaints requiring supervisory involvement. ssists in handling workload of absent staff to ensure maintaining a team spirit with the department.
- Develops and implements changes in Unit procedures, in conjunction with Manager / Director. Analyzes existing procedures to ensure they are efficient and maintained properly. Ensures the Unit’s adherence to proper procedures, sound business practices and information auditing.
- Maintains the Operations Procedures updates and distributes to CRU staff. Mnitors Procedures to ensure updates are current.
- Acts as an effective liaison between the insurance company and the agency. Advises insurance company personnel of any insurance agency procedure or operational change that would effect customer service or policy handling.
- Assists with proper functioning of computer system. Request routine
Bachelors degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous SUPERVISORY / MANAGEMENT experience in a professional capacity with an excellent knowledge of insurance coverage, procedures and underwriting.
Licenses / Certifications
2-20 Florida Insurance License required.
Knowledge / Skills
Good knowledge of management principles.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to negotiate resolution of problems.
Ability to analyze situations and reach sound decisions.
Ability to locate and comprehend a variety of complex materials.
AAA The Auto Club Group – Southern Region
- 21 months ago - save job
The Auto Club Group, the second largest affiliation of the AAA clubs, offers insurance, travel, financial services to more than 8.4 million...