We seek an attorney with 2-5 years of private practice litigation experience to join our Insurance Defense practice. The selected applicant would join our other eight attorneys in defending insurance companies and their policyholders against injury claims, and representing insurance companies in coverage and first party property/catastrophic claims. |
We are a boutique of outstanding trial attorneys. Now in our 20th year, we have been acknowledged in the insurance industry as one of the leading law firms in Illinois representing insurers. The firm specializes in property and casualty litigation, large property damage claims, general commercial litigation, subrogation, catastrophic claims and bodily injury.
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about litigation, enjoys trying cases, and hates to lose. Our firm currently has 8 attorneys.
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
The primary responsibilities of the Associate – Insurance Defense will be to achieve outstanding results for our clients (win cases, great settlements). make the senior attorneys more productive, achieve reasonable billable hours goals, perform work efficiently, and meet all client and court reporting and status deadlines in a timely manner. The associate will handle all aspects of cases under the supervision of senior attorneys, including court appearances, drafting motions and briefs, taking depositions, reviewing discovery materials, researching case law and statutes, negotiating settlements, and trying cases. If you are a results-oriented person who likes to win at trial, and are looking for broad responsibilities in a smaller, supportive professional environment, apply today!
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Chicago Central Loop location
- The opportunity to work in an environment that is highly professional, but is small, collegial, and values teamwork, stewardship, and loyalty.
- 2-5 years experience in private practice litigation
- Experience trying cases is a plus, but not required
- Interest in and experience with injury defense, property damage and coverage defense
- Experience deposing and retaining/dealing with doctors or other experts
- Experience representing major insurance carriers
- Experience billing clients
- Outstanding interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Enjoys working in a team environment