Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. As we have expanded our expertise and service offerings, Panther has grown to include all types of ground, air, and ocean freight service. For more information about Panther visit www.pantherexpedite.com .
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
POSITION: Insurance Department Claims Representative
REPORTS TO: Director of Safety
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Panther Expedited Services is currently looking for a Insurance Department Claims Representative. The primary responsibility of the (position) is to assist Fleet with Insurance policies and filing of claims properly. The Insurance Department Claims Representative will ensure compliance with insurance laws and coverage within Panther’s policy guidelines. Candidates must have knowledge of or ability to quickly master regulations such as Safety, Hours of Service, Canada, Hazmat, and Insurance regulations. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain a positive corporate image with our fleet.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To assist Fleet with insurance policies and filing of claims properly.
- To conduct invoice audits for accuracy.
- To ensure compliance with insurance laws and coverage within Panther Policy guidelines.
- To conduct training for Panther employees when required.
- To maintain driver insurance files.
- To investigate driver injury claims.
- To investigate and file cargo claims (air and ground)
- To ensure safety regulations and vehicle maintenance do not contribute to insurance losses.
- Strong communication skills, particularly verbal, and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to present and maintain a positive corporate image in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly master regulations such as Safety, Hours of Service, Canada, Hazmat, and Insurance regulations.
- Ability to follow direction in a continuously changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Insurance industry related to commercial transportation is a plus.
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
- Prior Insurance experience is a plus.
- Prior Experience working with Fleets in regards to transportation and claims.
- Prior Commercial transportation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
Panther Expedited Services - 16 months ago
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of Premium Logistics® services including ground, air, ocean, and...