Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers, Colorado's largest and most comprehensive provider of cancer care has an exciting opportunity for an experienced insurance eligibility specialist in Greenwood Village, CO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call insurance companies to verify benefits of the patient. Completes insurance verification and summary of reimbursement and liability forms.
- Completes all electronic eligibility work files thru eligibility system.
- Reviews demographic and insurance information in patient accounts and make necessary corrections as needed.
- Coordinates any eligibility issues with clinic PFC as needed for current insurance information from the patient.
- Notes in each account a brief summary of information received from the insurance company.
- Completes any required forms including assignment of benefits, verification of benefit information and financial liability and forwards completed information back to the appropriate office
- Ensures all insurance, demographic, and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system in an accurate manner
- Assists in maintaining manuals, logs and other required documentation as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding for patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the business office. Covers for and assists with other business office functions as requested.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum three years of medical office experience with insurance procedures.
All candidates are required to pass a drug screening and background check prior to hire.