Insurance Phone Customer Service Associate (life/annuity) – Lincoln, Nebraska
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Customer Service Associate to join our team in Lincoln, Nebraska.
The Customer Service Associate required schedule availability is Monday-Friday between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm although most positions will likely be 8:30 to 5:00 or 9:00 to 6:00.
- Provide professional phone based customer service to insurance (typically life insurance or annuity) policyholders, beneficiaries, agents, and internal customers.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and strive to assure that service standards are met.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers to professionally resolve questions and issues.
- Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of the insurance industry and of all products, services, and processes performed by the team.
- This is an inbound call center environment. A typical day in this 100% phone based role will likely involve fielding between 75 to 125 calls. Some positions could also involve some transaction processing responsibilities in addition to phone responsibilities.
- The physical requirements of this position require the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, use a computer for extended periods of time, and use the telephone to interact with customers for extended periods of time.
- A minimum of one to two years of customer service based experience is required (face to face customer service experience will be considered but experience in a phone based environment such as a call center is preferred).
- Required schedule availability is Monday-Friday between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm although most positions will likely be 8:30 to 5:00 or 9:00 to 6:00.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both verbal and written).
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications.
- Must be able to compose effective business correspondence.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good keyboarding skills.
- Position requires a strong ability to multitask, specifically navigating between multiple open computer applications at one time, all while speaking professionally with callers.
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Stable work history desired.
- Previous call center, banking, and especially insurance industry experiences desired.
- No minimum certifications or credentials required, but LOMA coursework or designations are desired.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...