Under direction of Business Office Supervisor, processes insurance claims, performs various balancing functions, maintains files and prepares bills and statements. Performs a variety of related clerical functions.
• Utilizing current knowledge of insurance rules and regulation, will process and expedite third-party insurance claims originating from manual documents. maintain files of open and closed claims, posting payments, transfers and adjustments within the account.
• Perform monthly balancing procedures, researching and rectifying any discrepancies. Maintains a record of open claims. Assist patient in resolving insurance related questions, billing problems, coverage issues and so forth via contracts and CRT. Prepares itemized statement for use in billing secondary insurance carriers.
• Contact insurance carrier to expedite delinquent payments, maintains log of fee-for-service and third parties’ surgery billings and performs related clerical duties. Performs fee-for- service billing actives for Greece, Wilson and Perinton Health Centers
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Equivalent to a high school education with emphasis in business math and office machine practice.
• Minimum of one years experience in a business environment desirable; knowledge of accounting procedures, journal entries, calculator and PC use essential.
• Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
• Minimum of three months experience in the position to learn routines and attains accuracy and proficiency.
• Must posses the ability to deal effectively with patients, retain composure under pressure and handle confidential information with discretion.
vious billing office experience preferred.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer