Fitch Ratings knows what it takes to deliver value, meaning and insightful ratings to market participants. With coverage across all areas of the insurance market including life, property & casualty, and reinsurance, our experienced analysts apply an open and balanced approach to credit assessment. Leveraging comprehensive data and well-tested credit metrics, our analytical process is supported by a careful mix of quantitative and qualitative factors. Our insurance team transforms data into actionable opinions that help investors confidently evaluate risk.
We seek an Analyst to create, enhance and maintain quantitative-based tools and support for Fitch’s insurance industry credit analysis. These tools include third-party software programs, internally-created models and database platforms. Analytical duties may include reserve and capital adequacy reviews, liquidity testing, modeling support on insurance securitizations and/or product pricing reviews. This p osition is based in Chicago.
Specific skills include:
· Strong, yet practical, statistical, mathematical or actuarial education and background. Ability to focus, understand and interpret quantitative output.
· Requires advanced computer abilities – programming knowledge, database skills and operating systems.
· Knowledge of Excel VBA (coding, macros, use of mathematical functionalities), stochastic models and processes, database languages and statistical packages.
· Must have a "roll-up-the-sleeves" mentality and experience with statistical techniques to model various insurance and financial risks. Should be able to learn on-the-job with realistic expectations and provide independent solutions.
· Must effectively communicate and interact with other professional staff and translate sophisticated quantitative concepts into business practice. Transform Senior Management thoughts and ideas into results.
· Realize the unique relational aspects of the position and be viewed as an internal consultant. As such, two-way level of communication is important for success.
· Entry-level position with stronger consideration given to those with modest work experience.
· Bachelor's degree required (an Actuarial or financial background would be a bonus).
Fitch Ratings - 18 months ago