Additional Job information:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field required
- Minimum Experience: 5 years financial services experience required. 1 year individual life insurance experience required.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner
- Strong and effective presentation skills. Ability to engage audience.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, with strength in identifying and implementing solutions to address the critical needs.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Certification(s): Active licenses for: Life, Accident and Health, Variable Products and state required LTC training. Current will all Continuing Education requirements.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Series 7, 63, (65 or 66)
- Banking organization experience
- Candidate may be located in either Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL or Columbus GA
Responsible for bringing awareness and education of Life Insurance Products to the retail and institutional sales force. Drives life insurance sales across the Synovus five state footprint.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Responsible for communication, regular visitation and training of Retail and Institutional sales force. Assists in the education of Financial Consultants to promote life insurance products to current and prospective clients. Includes substantial travel time ( >75%) to entire five state Synovus footprint.
- Provides training sessions to educate Synovus team members on how to identify life insurance sales opportunities. Facilitates training on both new and existing life insurance products. Training targets audiences with a wide breadth of insurance knowledge and also those with minimal or no knowledge. Means of training include: handouts, pamphlets, multimedia presentations, individual/group meetings, WebEx, conference calls and role playing exercises.
- Cultivates leads for life insurance products by actively promotion the benefits of selling life insurance.
- Participates and/or leads insurance client sales presentations.
- Assists Financial Consultants in planning and hosting client events.
- Builds strong vendor and partner relationships. Maintains familiarity with products and available training resources of partners and vendors. Takes strategic advantage of relationships to further the training and education of Financial Consultants as well as promote insurance products to clients.
- Remains abreast of insurance industry changes, trends and product updates through self study, reading and industry sponsored meetings.
- Partners closely with internal training, marketing, communications and compliance departments to support overall life insurance product strategy.
- Manages Insurance Product sales on an as needed basis.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Synovus Financial Corp.
- 3 years ago - save job
Synovus, based in Columbus, Georgia, is the holding company for Georgia Bank & Trust and many other financial companies located throughout...