Associates Degree or 2 years formal education or equivalent experience
Medical Terminology required or successful completion of medical terminology course within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge of current third-party payer reimbursement rules.
Minimum of 1 year of related experience in customer service, healthcare or business field required with an additional 1-1/2 years in Patient Access or Patient Financial Services for a total of 2-1/2 years experience.
Required Skills Include:
Insurance Verifier responsibilities include:
- Advanced Microsoft Office, keyboard, mouse, and computer skills.
Must have knowledge and ability to learn, access and utilize over ten computer programs used within Munson
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills to communicate with patients, physician offices, hospital staff, insurance companies
- Obtain, verify and create accurate documentation
- Ability to keep up with continued advanced education requirements and adapt to changes in a professional manner
- Exercising a high degree of control over confidential medical information
Input, update insurance information
- Verify eligibility to include identifying primary and secondary insurance, obtained claim numbers as necessary
- Identifies, obtains and documents all pre-authorizations as appropriate
- Input insurance information in the appropriate Munson system
- Follow up on all verification issues and communicate to proper departments in a timely manner