Under the supervision of the Patient Access Sr. Manger, the Insurance Verifier is responsible for creating a positive first impression of UCSD for all patients, customers and internal staff members. Insurance Verifiers must be able to perform financial clearance for a variety of patient services including pre-registration, eligibility and specific benefit verification, pre-certification, authorization and accurate calculation of patient liability.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A minimum of three (3) years previous registration/patient access/insurance verification experience in a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of third party insurance payers and Federal/State public programs.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word).
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to interact effectively with the public, including patients, visitors, clinical and support staff.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and exhibit excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high quality standards, innovation, and accountability.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Health System is the only university-based medical facility in San Diego, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. We have two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Center, the Sulpizio Family Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest is also a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report’s 2010-2011 annual "America’s Best Hospitals" report ranks UC San Diego Health System among the best in the nation in five specialty areas: Diabetes & Endocrinology, Geriatrics, Orthopedics, Psychiatry, and Pulmonary. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health System is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce.
UC San Diego Health System - 17 months ago
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...