Intermediate Applications Developer
- Requisition #: 202942738
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: Enterprise Data Capture
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20F
- Job Code: 4332
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: Wayne, NJ 07470 - Wayne
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
This position is needed for the primary Customer Repository Information System (CRIS/ICRIS) within UPS. The current environment is IBM mainframe, COBOL, CICS, and DB2 with some Java and COBOL stored procedures. This system is critical to enable not only billing, but also for UPS shipping systems to establish and update account information, and operational systems to determine dispatch commitments and other information regarding customer preferences. Technical skills required include DB2, CICS, Cobol, and JCL. Java experience is a plus. Off-hour support is required at times.
The Intermediate Applications Developer provides input and support for full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives. He/She provides knowledge, development, maintenance, and support for applications.
Generates Application Documentation
- Creates technical documentation to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
- Communicates and documents unit test results and code revisions to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
Contributes to Systems Analysis and Design
Designs and Develops Moderately Complex Applications
- Analyzes and assists in defining specifications and user requirements to perform assigned applications development work.
- Contributes to system components' designs to meet requirements.
- Provides input for design reviews to improve quality.
Contributes to Integration Builds
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and documents moderately complex programs to develop applications software.
- Develops unit test plans to deliver quality components.
- Updates the defects log to ensure thorough and accurate documentation.
- Contributes to the implementation of software products to meet application needs.
Contributes to Maintenance and Support
- Provides input in the development of software builds and integration build components to meet application needs.
- Conducts tests and analyzes results to diagnose and record failures and to report results.
- Escalates complex integration issues to support the resolution of system discrepancies.
Monitors Emerging Technologies and Products
- Administers procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
- Performs applications maintenance and support functions to assist with problem resolution.
- Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Investigates new and emerging hardware and software technologies to assist in maintaining industry competitiveness.
- Analyzes potential value of new technologies to support business objectives and strategy.
COBOL Programming, CICS and DB2
Structured Systems Analysis - Intermediate
CICS Programming - Intermediate
DB2 Application Programming - Intermediate
Data Propagator - Beginner
TSO - Intermediate
MVS/JCL - Intermediate
MQ - Beginner
COBOL Programming - Intermediate
Java Programming - Beginner
Expediter - Intermediate
TeamTrack - Beginner
Microsoft Office - Intermediate
The desired Intermediate Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer?
UPS - 16 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...