- 1-2 years experience required
The Intake Counselor is responsible for intake; assessment and referral functions. Will perform clinical assessments and initial counseling services and provide limited case management to insure appropriate patient movement between service elements. They will also be responsible for the coordination of information and referral services to all individuals accessing services and will provide crisis intervention services. This position reports directly to the Nurse Manager, Behavioral Medicine Unit
- Must have current Ohio license. Prefer a LSW, LPCC, or LISW with medical terminology background and experience dealing with Medicaid and Medicare insurance companies
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with various treatment modalities for children, adolescents, adults, gero-psychiatric and chemically dependent populations.
- One year of clinical experience or internship in clinical setting preferred.
- Demonstrates departmental initiatives to meet productivity standards.
- Demonstrates flexible staffing needs within the department/entity.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor, patients, customers, peers, outside vendors.
- Collect and interpret data and draw proper clinical conclusions.
- The Intake Counselor must be able to act as a crisis counselor, providing back-up support to Behavior Medicine team staff members when they are not available.
- Arranges appropriate referrals and maintains communication with referral agencies in the community.
- Provides patient information to the multi-disciplinary treatment team to formulate treatment plans.
- This position is expected to maintain confidential clinical records in a timely and accurate manner that is consistent with Hospital, JCAHO, and ODMH requirements, as well as ensuring optimal reimbursement methodologies.
- On Call Activity: Carries pages 1-2 nights per week or on weekends working as a team to provide 7 days a week 24 hour coverage for Intake Department.
- All other duties as assigned.