A member of the Central Intake team primarily responsible for receiving
and processing referrals for Family Foster Care, CSE and DSS
residential placements, Mother/Child and the Non Secure Placement
program. Position reports to the Intake Coordinator.
- Report vacancies to NYC Office of Placement Administration
- Maintain and track Family Foster Care, Residential Treatment Center and Mother Child program vacancies.
- Enter Placements and replacements into LEWIS and CONNECTIONS.
- Communicate with programs to ensure that entries in LEWIS and CONNECTIONS are accurate.
- Share with Family Foster care and home finding concerns regarding safety training needs of foster parents.
- Receive, process and distribute referrals to the appropriate RTC and NSP teams for review and decisions.
- Arrange intake interviews with ACS, CSE, referring agencies for RTC, and MC placements
- Arrange placements/admissions and send notices
- Maintain files of completed referrals
- Submit initial clothing requests and purchase order to Finance Office for FFC
- Help maintain 24/7 coverage
- Assist with “front desk” coverage as needed
- Assist with the preparation and processing of residential and day students IEP in conjunction with annual reviews.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- BA preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good computer skills especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to assume “after hours” intake telephone coverage
- Spanish speaking a plus but not required.
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...