Intake Coordinator Opening - Buffalo NY
WILLCARE, a successful regional leader in the home health care industry, currently has job openings for an Intake Coordinator in our Buffalo, NY branch office. In business for thirty years, WILLCARE operates Certified/Medicare, Long Term Care, Licensed/Private Duty, as well as non-medical services and supplemental staffing agencies. We provide qualified skilled and non-skilled services focusing on preventative, rehabilitative and therapeutic care to our clients in all applicable settings. We have branch offices in Western NY, Hudson Valley NY, Connecticut, and Ohio.
Job Title: Intake Coordinator (aka Central Intake Coordinator)
Job Locations: Buffalo, NY
Job Department: Nursing
Status: Full Time
INTAKE COORDINATOR JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for receiving, screening and processing all referral and intake information. Obtains accurate information, tracks referral sources and provides data entry assistance and support.
INTAKE COORDINATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives, screens and processes all referral information. Receives and processes calls for inquiries for service. Provides accurate and up to date information regarding agency services.
- Forwards any inquiries about services to the Marketing department for follow-up.
- Makes every effort to provide services as appropriate to customers at the time of the initial call.
- Tracks all referrals and inquiries. Enters data into database regarding referral information and status / outcome of all calls. Maintains record of “non-admit” referrals.
- Performs insurance verification or obtains authorization from any organization making referral that is at risk and requires prior authorization. Consults with the Insurance Authorization department as necessary to ensure that all services are authorized and reimbursable prior to providing service.
- Provides management with weekly reports on census, inquiries, and referrals.
- Enter patient information into database and verify accuracy of the information.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of data entry responsibilities.
- Communicates with scheduling coordinators, clinical staff and managers/supervisors regarding inquiries and referrals.
- Duplicate and collate forms, reports, correspondence, etc. as required.*
- Conducts physician licensure verifications per policy and maintains database of information.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
*Regionally based duty
- High School Degree or GED and 3 years experience in a home health care environment. LPN or RN preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask
For additional details, see:
JOB DESCRIPTION (click to open PDF file)
WILLCARE - 5 months ago
WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty good job...