To meet, greet and assess diverse New Yorkers’ emergency food needs and then act as a resource assisting clients as they access in-house services and direct them to appropriate external referrals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate program enrollment, monitor program compliance to ensure that the program meets annual goals and assist with submission of reports;
- Accurate compilation, filing and entry of data including daily tracking of activities;
- Coordinate referrals and follow up;
- Ensure courteous, efficient pantry services;
- Support staff and volunteers as needed;
- Monitor the Emergency Food Pantry Program, e.g., assuring that food donations have been property inventoried, and stocked and that the food distribution is done in accordance to policy;
- Monitor volunteer and stipend hours and generates monthly reports;
- Assist with maintaining a clean, safe and orderly facility;
- Maintain an open and respectful attitude towards clients and colleagues;
- Other duties as required.
- Must be detail oriented, team player, patient, and compassionate;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, i.e., Access, Excel, and Word;
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions and work with minimal supervision;
- Experience and ability to relate in a comfortable, non-judgmental manner with persons from all ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds;
- Bilingual English/Spanish;
- Ability to work flexible work schedule;
- College degree and/or comparable experience;
- Experience in pantry administration preferred;
- Knowledge of public benefits a plus;
- Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
- 2 years ago - save job