ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets clients appropriately and provides program information to clients in Spanish and English, in person and by telephone.
- Schedules clients for appointments, workshops, and registration events.
- Provides clients with testing and intake documents and forms, and ensures that they are properly filled out.
- Process diverse program documents: USCIS citizenship applications, IDPL administrative forms, ICCB correspondence, and other funder and agency documents and registration and application forms.
- Establish client and student files, comply with funder guidelines for portfolio quality and requirements.
- Safeguards the content and confidentiality of files.
- Enter attendance and demographic information on IDPL database and state software programs, and maintain proper data backup procedures, where applicable.
- Make photocopies, faxes, and other program documents in punctual and timely fashion.
- Carry out other program related tasks as indicated by supervisor
- Provide information to legal permanent residents in a one on one setting, assisting them directly on how to fill out the application.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other IDPL department and/or partner organizations.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team with colleagues.
- Exhibit professional courtesy in dealing with program participants, colleagues, and team members, and the public.
- Show enthusiasm to assist students and members of the community.
- Attend further professional development as indicated in employee evaluations.
- Some H.S. Degree, A.A, or College credits.
- 2 years previous experience in a citizenship, adult education, or non profit setting.
- Bilingual Spanish English. (No exceptions).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain a high sense of confidentiality.
- Able to work with a wide variety of people.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Above average customer service approach.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
Please attach a completed application found on our website , cover letter with resume with a brief description of your educational philosophy and approach, salary history and salary expectations as additional attachments when completing the screening, at the above link.