Intake Specialist Opportunity in Tucson!
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB: Intake Specialist will be responsible for conducting intakes on Rbha clients including both adults and children. Intakes will consist of completing the enrollment, core assessment, PCP notification, demographic, and service plan. The Intake Specialist may provide direct client services consisting of case management services to individuals and/or family members. This position may also be involved in crisis services as appropriate or necessary. All Behavioral Health staff will participate in the Behavioral Health Team, attending team meetings, client staffings, case reviews, staff development, and participating in policy and procedure development.
Join us, and become a part of our Diverse Team! We are a culture of professionals who are “dedicated to providing service excellence in promoting health and well being."
MHC's Behavioral Health Services program is committed to caring for special populations, improving health outcomes and building healthy communities. Our goal is treating each client in an integrative setting where the individual has access to primary care, behavioral health, alternative and complementary therapies, employment services as well as other specialty medical services in one location.
Behavioral Health Services differs from other service providers in the Marana community in that it is the only rural health center in the area and the only local agency providing behavioral health services to the residents of Marana, Rillito, Picture Rocks, Avra Valley and Northwest Tucson. In the Tucson area, Behavioral Health Services will be located within several medical clinics to further our goal of integrative services. Join us!
Locations: Clinica Del Alma and Wilmot Clinic (50/50)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-5
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Social Service field.Minimum of five years behavioral health experience may replace Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in behavioral health or educational setting with at-risk youth or adults.
- Experience with State AHCCCS Behavioral Health system preferred.
- CPR and First Aide certified
- Fingerprint clearance through DPS.
- Bilingual English-Spanish Candidates are encouraged to apply!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes thorough and timely intakes on all Rbha clients assuring productivity standards are met.
- As appropriate or requested provides case management services to individual clients and families regardless of handicapping condition assuring that contact is maintained monthly or according to contract or ‘best practices' guidelines.
- Works effectively with all Behavioral Health staff, clients and family members providing quality and timely assessments, service planning, annual updates, PCP coordination, psychiatric coordination, discharge and aftercare planning within a ‘recovery' model of care. Maintains ‘audit ready' charts at all times.
- Core Assessment with yearly update.
- Demographic Form with yearly or bi-yearly update.
- Service Plan with on-going Service Plan Reviews.
- Annual Updates – Part E annually.
- PCP Coordination as appropriate
- Psychiatric Assessment with yearly update.
- Crisis Plans with appropriate revisions.
- Other forms as appropriate or requested
- Accommodates client schedules when providing intakes and direct service.
- Provides crisis intervention services as necessary or requested.
- Provides or arranges transportation for clients, as necessary.
- Provides all clients with appropriate referrals to other community agencies as needed or requested.
- Works collaboratively with the Rbha psychiatric staff, as appropriate, ensuring that all appropriate clients receive medication monitoring, psychiatric evaluations and maintain PCP involvement.
- Maintains an appropriate number of direct service hours assuring that the Intake Coordinator has information regarding ‘schedule openings'.
- Provides supervision/assistance and/or training to Case Management I staff including intern/externs, as appropriate or requested, documenting all supervision provided.
- Follows professional and ethical practices when working with clients, client records, families and community personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality of client/family information.
- Works effectively with all clients and families to promote a milieu of trust while providing excellent customer service within a ‘recovery model' of care.
Marana Health Center - 16 months ago