Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Integration and Automation Engineer Position in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. If you have demonstrated successful experience in system integration design, SCADA development, communication system design, HMI design, and/or controls system development, we invite you to consider joining our technical team.
This position is located in SEL’s King of Prussia, Pennsylvania office.
Integration and Automation Engineer
- Develop and maintain advanced technical expertise in power system integration and automation for utility and industry as well as advanced understanding of SEL equipment and solutions.
- Define and implement system validation test processes for all SEL products to insure flawless system integration.
- Develop and analyze product specifications and functional tests.
- Provide technical and market analysis to evaluate proposed products or enhancements.
- Perform analysis and tests on competing integration and automation products.
- Mentor Engineers and Technicians.
- BSEE, BSCS or applicable experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in setup and configuration with a broad range of network devices and interfaces
- Demonstrated experience with Ethernet and multiple communication protocols
- Minimum 4 years experience in electric utility, industrial plant or engineering firm
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to submit their resume through our website at www.selinc.com/applynow. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets to include international customers and OEM markets.
In 2012, SEL earned a spot on the FORTUNE Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For list. This prestigious ranking celebrates the SEL 100% employee-owned culture as one of the best in the country. SEL has received numerous awards, including the Puget Sound Business Journal’s 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Washington State (1999 through 2003, 2010, and 2011), Inc. Magazine’s 500|5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (1990, 1991, 2008, 2010, and 2011), the Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) Manufacturing, Workplace, and Community Service Award (1998 through 2010), the Washington State Quality Achievement Award (WSQA), and the Washington Secretary of State Corporations for Communities Award (2010). Puget Sound Business Journal has also ranked SEL as one of Washington State’s Top 100 Largest Private Companies every year since 2007.
In an independent survey conducted by Newton-Evans Research Company, SEL ranks first in all performance categories including: technology, features, security against hackers, web/internet information ability, technical service and support, maintenance cost, relay setting PC software, and price. Since 2006, SEL has also held the elite VPP STAR status certification from Washington State Department of Labor & Industries. Less than 2,000 companies in the U.S. earn the VPP STAR status for outstanding safety and health programs.
Apply Your Talent. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.
Are you ready to be part of a highly motivated and well-equipped team? Are you a quick learner who likes new challenges? If so, then you are ready to join us at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.
Dr. Edmund O. Schweitzer III delivered the first commercial digital protective relay in 1984. Under his technical, managerial, and fiscal leadership, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories has expanded to become a leader in the power industry, employing over 3,700 people world-wide. Dr. Schweitzer understands and supports the need for investing in employees. In return, he expects that we hire only the best, most highly motivated team members, and that we deliver simple, reliable, and cost-effective products and solutions.
Our products and solutions must be simple and reliable because they protect the largest, most complicated machine on earth: the electric power grid. Blackouts in the U.S. and Canada remind us that reliable electric power is crucial to our society. SEL provides systems, services, and products for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of utility and industrial electric systems worldwide.
Our company and our products exist to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. That purpose has made SEL very successful, and the company is managed with sound fiscal judgment and that purpose in mind. Profits are reinvested to fuel the company’s growth.
In addition to offering a variety of challenges in a supportive, stable environment, SEL shares its success with employees by giving them stock in the company. All employees earn stock at the same rate. And because only employees can own SEL stock, the stock price is not subject to market volatility. Even when the stock market value has plunged, SEL stock consistently increased in value.
Employee Testimonial Video: SEL employees describe the opportunity and rewards of a career working at a 100% employee owned company!
Benefits: SEL has an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision for all regular full-time employees and their entire family; long-term disability and life insurance; education assistance programs; a very generous employee stock ownership plan; 401K; flexible benefit account; and an outstanding work environment.
- Five years experience in electric power SCADA or EMS practices
- Industrial controls and PLCs
- 3-phase and electric power systems
- Electric utility telecommunications
- MODBUS, DeviceNet or DNP 3.0 protocol application
- Familiarity and protocols: IEC 61850, IEC 60870-103, -101, -104
- Electric utility protection practices
- Working knowledge of SEL products