This position is for an MTS Yield Engineer for GLOBAL FOUNDRIES ' state of the art 300mm wafer fabs. The candidate will drive improvement and product performance during ramp up of advanced technology nodes on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES ' strategic roadmap. The candidate will support cusomer prototyping these technologies in Technology Development Department in Malta, NY.
• The MTS Engineer will drive yield and product enhancement for customer testchips for technology nodes at 20nm and below for multiple products and customer applications.
• Investigate root cause of yield and product functionality issues. Use electrical data analysis, failure isolation, product and design information, device knowledge, and technology understanding to identify solutions. Include learning from test chips and test structures for yield limiter determination and improvement.
• Drive optimization of individual product performance and customer satisfaction. Work closely with Integration and process modules to implement fast and cost-effective improvements. Support customer engineering to fully meet external customer requirements.
• Integrate physical and electrical data to establish yield/ defectivity Paretos and roadmaps.
•Work/communicate with external customer to address yield/product related issues in professional manner.
• Develop and improve yield characterization and data analysis methodologies to determine yield limiters, correlation to in-line defectivity, and electrical parametric signals.
• Support process module engineering activities to improve cost, cycletime, and manufacturing robustness.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
• Minimum of 7 years of semiconductor product yield or test engineering, circuit design, process integration or process engineering experience
• Strong candidates will have demonstrated experience in yield analysis techniques and methodologies, solid understanding of electrical parametric correlation to product yield, and good knowledge of semiconductor processing and process integration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a global matrixed team or environment
• Prior experience in transferring, implementing, ramping and sustaining process technologies in a high volume foundry manufacturing setting with a focus on customer-specific product / technology targeting and customization, process simplification and optimization for yield improvement and cost reduction.
• Strong fundamental understanding of circuit design and test, solid state device physics, submicron FET architectures, and the implications of electrical characteristics and performance on yield and product behavior.
• Candidates must have strong capabilities in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments.
• Proven project management, peer leadership, and mentoring skills.
• M.S. or Ph.D. preferred
• Experience in advanced technology (45nm node or below) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with contract / external test and assembly sites a definite bonus.
• Experience in digital CMOS or analog circuit or test structure design, characterization, test/debug, yield enhancement and/or product engineering.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 4 months ago