Guidewire Software delivers proven, modern software to run mission-critical insurance operations, including policy administration, claims, and billing. Guidewire has over one hundred customers in nine countries on four continents, including some of the largest insurance companies in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Russia. Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, and Guidewire BillingCenter provide a comprehensive, modern platform for insurance operations. Guidewire was recently ranked the #1 developer of underwriting, policy, and claims systems in a US Insurer survey of insurance company CIOs and CTOs. Guidewire has a highly satisfied customer base and an established track record of successful customer implementations.
The Guidewire Professional Services organization includes business analysts, functional consultants, and technical integration consultants who work together to implement Guidewire applications at customer sites. Our projects are complex and can last from three months to two years depending on the specific customer requirements. During a project, the team will identify customer business requirements, configure the Guidewire application to meet those requirements, and integrate the Guidewire application to other internal or external systems. Guidewire implementation consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client business and technical teams. Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office.
Guidewire applications are highly configurable to the requirements of each client, and require a thorough understanding of the objectives and requirements of the client. Key activities for technical integration consultants include:
- partnering with client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- participating in producing technical design documents for integration programs
- working with the Guidewire development team to further develop our integration adapters and other integration mechanisms
- developing custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems
- assist in planning integration testing and performance testing of customer solutions
- supporting execution of integration tests, including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development
The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills.
Required skills/experience :
Desired skills/experience :
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar degree
- 0-3 years Professional Experience
- Expertise in a modern programming language (Java preferred)
- Experience with multi-tier web applications
- Ability to work successfully with client team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with engineers to review technical designs and participate in code reviews
- Must have strong verbal skills to communicate with non-technical resources
- Must take initiative, be a decisive decision-maker and show confidence in decisions made
- Must be able to take strategic direction from executive management and participate in strategic planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Must have the ability to solve complex technical problems and understand when to escalate issues
- Technical skills to master application integration: JMS, JDBC, and understanding of relational database concepts, and other skills involved with implementing an advanced web application
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn
- Background at a major consulting firm working with Fortune 500 customers
- Prior experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
The Guidewire team is very proud of the reputation we have earned in the industry. We take great pride in the products we build and the manner in which we operate as a company and on an individual level. We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do: truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality: communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality: working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
Guidewire has been chosen by more than 100 property & casualty insurance carriers and lines of business as a trusted software vendor and solution provider.
We believe it is due to our modern architecture as the first comprehensive, integrated platform for insurance operations built on a state-of-the-art technology. Guidewire has been the #1 claims system in North America since 2003 with more selections than any competitor among carriers of any size. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo and now Hong Kong. Guidewire is privately owned by its employees and U.S. Venture Partners and Bay Partners.
Guidewire Software, Inc. - 12 months ago