The Integration Developer participates in the implementation of software applications and related integrations and provides the necessary level of integration/software working with the Integrations Analyst. This includes integrations between custom applications, commercial off-the-shelf, hosted, and on-premise applications.
The Integration Developer is responsible for the development of system integrations, in terms of integration enhancements and/or resolutions to production problems as it relates to system integration. The Integration Developer provides technical expertise in translating integration designs into integration development solutions. The Integration Developer identifies technical risks associated with change, provides an evaluation of business impact of risk and develops a migration plan for the solution. They are knowledgeable of and make extensive use of Piedmont’s IT life cycle tools including the System Development Methodology and Change Management process.
Nature and Scope:
- May work independently, as a member of an integration development team and/or project team
- Has technical and business knowledge of one or more business application and/or related integrations and is responsible for translating business integration requirements into technical solutions
- Accurately analyze customer information needs in a consistent manner and translate the business requirements into effective computerized systems integrations that meet user needs
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the business intelligence of assigned areas of the business with direct communication with end users to effectively design business solutions that meet customer requirements
- Create and modify simple to complex integrations, often under tight time constraints, that reliably meet design standards
- Ensure proper integration and system performance through verified unit, systems, and acceptance testing
- Coordinate the implementation of information system integration components to meet solution objectives including the development of appropriate documentation and by following the applicable Information Technology standards and policies
- Develop and implement a maintenance strategy for new application integrations and ensure adoption by business units and IT support staff
- Ensure the stability and integrity of the application integration production environment consistent with Information Technology standards and procedures by resolving assigned problem reports
- Provide on-call and project support as required
- Collaborate with software and hardware vendors to coordinate problem determination and resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s degree in a related field to Business Intelligence and/or Information Systems
- Two years of system development and support experience in Integration
- Experience in specific system programs or applications depending on current departmental needs
- One years of experience in WebMethods Integration services version 8.X
- Two years of Oracle/DB2/SQL Server database experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field to Information Systems
- Experience in specific system program or application depending on current departmental needs, such as Workday, PowerPlant, PeopleSoft, CGI Logica ARM, Ventyx Service Suite, etc.
- Sharepoint Experience
- Team Foundation Server Experience
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodology (SCRUM, KANBAN, SCRUMBAN, etc)
- Sedentary work exerting negligible amount of force frequently or constantly and/or up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, involves sitting most of the time at a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Weekend and evening work as required to meet deadlines
- Occasional overnight travel for work and training
The above job description does not encompass the totality of the responsibilities, obligations, competencies, tasks, and duties required of this position, and is intended only to convey the general requirements and accountabilities sought of the employee(s) assigned to this classification and potential applicant(s). Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc (“Piedmont”) reserves the right, at any time and in its sole and absolute discretion, to adjust this job description and the information provided herein. This job description is not intended as, and in no way constitutes, an employment contract.
Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc. (Piedmont) is an energy services company primarily engaged in the distribution of natural gas to over one...