Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
Higher One is hiring an Integration Director to join the team! This role will report to the CEO. Initially, this role will work on integration details related to Higher One’s 2012 acquisition of Campus Labs. Ongoing, this role will work closely with the Corporate Development Team on due diligence for potential M&A deals, and will lead the integration planning and execution phases of future strategic acquisitions. This role will also lead and/or be involved in special projects related to corporate partnerships, as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be focused on getting things done quickly and effectively, which will rely heavily on the their ability to earn the trust of employees of target companies, as well as the trust and respect of internal teams executing on implementation plans across the entire organization. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for integration questions, planning and execution.
- Develop integration processes & best practices, supporting consistency with Higher One’s culture
- Lead overall planning and execution of integration activities
- Translate business requirements into scope and integration plans
- Recommend and coordinate resource-specific integration project teams
- Work directly with management of target companies and internal teams to develop successful integration plans, as appropriate
- Plan and coordinate execution of objectives and timelines
- Lead and motivate others to deliver on tasks/priorities
- Identify and manage cross functional dependencies
- Identify, manage, and address areas of risk
- Facilitate clarity on issues, risks, roles and responsibilities on integration activities
- Develop process to measure and monitor progress against integration goals
- BA/BS degree required
- 10 years experience with a minimum of 5+ years in M & A integration
- Knowledge of fintech industry, a plus
- Ability to travel, up to 30%
- Demonstrated project management expertise required
- Ability to plan and manage multiple concurrent large scale and complex projects
- Ability to work effectively cross-organizationally
- Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; very strong influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills
- Ability to work with and present to Executive Management
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a complex environment with multi-location teams
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal awareness skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Intrinsically motivated, driven, self-starter
Higher One - 22 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...