Pacific Biosciences is looking for a person with a strong statistics background and programing experience to join our team Manufacturing Engineering team to mine & analyze large data sets. The goal of this position is to make connections between DNA sequencing metrics and Manufacturing processes and metrology.
• Work very closely with Process Engineers in both Manufacturing Engineering and R&D with the goal to correlate process conditions with product specifications.
• Integration of DNA sequencing data with all upstream manufacturing processes & metrology
• Draw data correlations between existing and new manufacturing procedures and processes
• Optimization of metrology methods and sampling to improve predictive power
• Maintain existing software & data management systems and develop improvements to these systems
• Mine large data sets and identify useful trends
• Interface with a broad range of functional groups from the researchers, to manufacturing and outside suppliers
• Very strong statistical analysis and experimental design capability
• Ability to embrace a broad spectrum of technologies and develop a fundamental understanding and their role in the performance of an integrated system
• Database skills with the ability to mine the data for anomalies, trends, outliers and correlations
• Experience working with Process Engineers
• Strong collaborative and team work attributes with active communication and good documentation skills
• Software development experience with a variety of environments (C#, C++, SQL, Java)
• Demonstrated experience in product transition from research to development and production is a plus
• Excellent organization and written and verbal communication skills
Pacific Biosciences - 9 months ago
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...