Job ID: 5147-1
Job Title: Integration Services System Engineer
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 18 months
Job Type: Contract
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The position is focused on planning, developing, documenting & exchanging knowledge with onsite team using industry best practices. Typical work the Integration Services System Engineer is responsible for delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer project requirements as documented by the Project Management Office (PMO). These software solutions will primarily be centered on installing, configuring, and customizing one to many modules of Hyland’s OnBase product.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Integration Services System Engineer will report to the DHHS Enterprise Architecture Team, and will work with DHHS network engineers and technical staff. The position is focused on planning, developing, documenting & exchanging knowledge with onsite team using industry best practices.
Duties and responsibilities of the Integration Services System Engineer include performance of the following actions:
• Design optimal solutions that meet functional requirements provided during the discovery and engineering phases.
• Install, configure and integrate solutions into the Customer environment according to engineering specifications.
• Custom development of supporting applications and integrations usually using Microsoft tools.
• Handle technical and customer issues as they arise during implementations, escalating issues to other technical, business, or vendor resources as necessary.
• Aid in development of System Design and specification documents, administrative documentation, and/or user documentation as needed.
• Maintain and expand knowledge of relevant OnBase modules and various integration tools and techniques as needed.
• Communicate with Customer regarding solution and software options offering guidance toward the optimal solution.
• Interact closely with other Tech-Ops departments during project implementation phases.
• Assist with troubleshooting and resolution of support issues as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 2 years of experience in Imaging, Document Management, Business Process Automation, and/or Workflow design and implementation
• Minimum 1 year experience in technical writing (specifications, documentation).
• C# or Other Programming experience required.
• Application Development and Integration
o Requirements of this area may be as simple as integrating an Eform to a backend database, or as complex as a complete multi-tier, distributed, web application.
• Supporting Applications and Integration Tools:
o Provide training during an OnBase installation and on-going support once completed
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• OnBase experience preferred
• Experience with TCP/IP including DNS, Routing, NAT and troubleshooting
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server installation and configuration
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server installation and configuration
• Experience architecting OnBase 11 and newer back end environments based on Hyland Best Practices for Enterprise environment (1000+ users)
• Experience with Microsoft SCCM technologies to deliver and maintain OnBase clients
• Support/help desk experience with remote access technologies such as VMware VDI or Citrix XENServer
• Experience with Microsoft GPO configuration to secure end user environments
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required. Years of experience can substitute for formal education.
- CDIA+ and MCSE certification preferred.
- Certified OnBase Installer
- Certified OnBase Web Server Installer
- Certified OnBase Workflow Engineer
- Certified OnBase API Engineer (may be obtained after employment)