AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation’s largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.aglresources.com .
The Integrity Engineer is a focused discipline within a job family. The duties listed are activities associated with the various levels of the engineering progression. This progression covers the following general titles:
Integrity Engineer I
Integrity Engineer II
Integrity Engineer III
This position provides technical support for the implementation of the Transmission Integrity Management Program (TIMP).
- Analyze transmission pipeline data – identify High Consequence Areas, identify pipeline threats, prepare pre-assessment data, select appropriate assessment methods, review & integrate assessment data, recommend re-assessment intervals, and draft written post-assessment reports.
- Prepare excavation plans and technical exhibits to assist in permit acquisition for field assessment activities. Perform technical analysis to evaluate pipeline condition, root cause analysis, and fitness for service.
- Document all aspects of transmission pipeline integrity management plan. Organize and maintain pipeline data, assessment reports, technical documentation, procedures, and the basis for all TIMP decisions. Perform written plan updates and initiate plan changes as needed to maintain code compliance. Organize supporting documentation and plan for regulatory audits.
- Analyze assessment data. Prepare remediation plans and schedule and identify other pertinent risk reduction measures.
- Prepare technical requests for proposals for transmission pipeline integrity field services, evaluate vendor submittals, and recommend vendor selections.
- Responsible for determining assessment budget requirements
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring, and reporting of assessment budget
- Responsible for processing invoices and accruals
- Administer contracts with 3rd party contractors. Perform quality audits of contractor work to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for identification and implementation of process improvements
- Provide technical assistance for operations and formulate guidance to maintain pipeline safety and regulatory compliance with technical regulations.
- Gather data from Operations, Company Systems, and other sources necessary to support TIMP decisions, threat identification, risk analysis, and regulatory reporting (i.e. pressure history, gas quality, leak history, encroachments)
- Provide technical support for engineering, construction, and operations
- Utilizing comprehensive analysis, identify necessary Preventive & Mitigative (P&M) measures. Work with key operational stakeholders to implement and track effectiveness.
- Review and evaluate new IM technology. Develop corresponding processes and procedures for use. (materials & equipment)
- Identify needs for pipeline modifications (i.e. piggability retrofit) and coordinate with engineering to implement
- Work with permitting authorities to secure necessary permissions for assessment activities
- Communicate with affected landowners in areas affected by assessment activities
- Communicate with internal resources as necessary to prepare for and execute assessment activities (i.e. gas control)
- Responsible to prepare required regulatory reports, notifications, and documentation
- Responsible for transmission data model updates and maintenance
- Verify proper training and qualifications of contractor resources (i.e. OQ)
- Monitor Integrity assessment and remediation schedules and track progress towards regulatory deadlines
sologig - 20 months ago