2H Offshore is a leading engineering contractor specializing in the design, structural analysis and integrity management of riser and conductor systems for the offshore oil and gas industry. We have offices in many of the major offshore oil centers of the world, including Houston, London, Aberdeen, Kuala Lumpur, Rio de Janeiro, Perth and Beijing.
2H is a dynamic, fast growing company and our passion for engineering has enabled us to become a leader in our field. We have a young and vibrant culture and believe that our success depends on the quality and well-being of our people. We strive to employ the best people for the job and provide a fun working environment to make sure we have a top quality and motivated team.
The challenges involved in designing deepwater risers are considerable and require the application of cutting edge technology. We are seeking bright, talented individuals who can rise to this challenge and help us apply new ideas to real life industry problems. In return, we are committed to providing employees with continued training and development and rapid career progression in this exciting field.
A new position has arisen in our Houston office for an Integrity Engineer.
The successful candidate will work within a team responsible for the development and execution of integrity management processes for subsea oil and gas production systems.
Activities will include:
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Development of dossiers for equipment design information.
- Performing risk based assessments including compilation of mitigation plans, inspection work scopes and procedures.
- Support of inspection and monitoring activities covering planning, enactment and reporting.
- Gathering and analysis of field data including structural monitoring data and corrosion data.
- Performing engineering technical studies in support of threat evaluations and integrity assessments.
- Including potential for periodic offshore site visits.
If you would like to discuss this position further, please send your inquiry to the email address above and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note whether or not you currently have the proper authorization to work in the United States. 2H Offshore cannot give you serious consideration for employment without this information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in mechanical, structural, or ocean engineering, or a related discipline.
- Up to three years industry experience in offshore production systems.
- Willingness to provide input into criticality studies, integrity reviews and root cause analysis.
- Willingness to author technical reports and/or procedures.
- Basic understanding of programming or versed in MatLAB.
- Knowledge of relevant failure modes and mitigations for subsea production equipment, subsea controls equipment, flowlines, risers, and umbilicals is a plus.
- Experience in fabrication, or repair of subsea production systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with integrity management processes related to subsea oil and gas production systems is a plus.
- Living in, or willing and able to relocate to Houston, Texas.