This position will be responsible for assisting in ADI patent portfolio management through patent prosecution, licensing activities and prior art investigations, submitting all work product, including draft applications and product clearances for approval prior to submission, supporting the maintenance and growth of AngioDynamics' patent portfolio, working closely with the Director of Intellectual Property.
- Prepare invention disclosures by collaborating with engineers and outside inventors to develop.
- Conduct patentability searches.
- Prepare responses to office actions in certain pending U.S. and foreign patent applications, working with the Director, Intellectual Property, outside counsel, and foreign associates.
- Assist in the preparation of product clearances and freedom to operate opinions and analyze impact on proposed product designs.
- Review and revise contracts associated with licensing arrangements.
- Conduct due diligence activities by researching and preparing competitive company summaries, including IP portfolio analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge in and ability to apply basic patent law principles and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated initiative to be able to self-manage workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering.
- At least one completed year of law school, patent law preferred.
- Experience in conducting patent searches and analyzing results.
AngioDynamics, Inc. - 14 months ago