Position Title |
Intellectual Property Protection Manager
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions . Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The main purpose of this position is to own and administer a global trade secret protection program for all SCD business units. Will work closely with MWV Corporate legal group to develop, implement, and enforce effective trade secret protection policies and procedures. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
- Primary point of contact for the Specialty Chemicals Division with MWV Corporate legal group on Intellectual Property protection.
- Work with SCD senior management and MWV Corporate legal group to develop a global strategy to assess and mitigate trade secret information security risks.
- Lead Intellectual Property assessments of existing division assets as well as new inventions and property to determine where trade secret protection is needed. Work with key stakeholders including product development scientist and engineers, operations personnel, and business managers to develop and implement effective trade secret protection procedures.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure trade secret protection policies and procedures are reasonable yet effective and enforceable.
- Conduct trade secret procedure training for all SCD employees including initial and annual refresher training.
- Work with key stakeholders to conduct trade secret audits of all SCD sites.
- Assist with trade secret assessments for M&A and divesture activities.
- Assist SCD HR with employee on boarding and off boarding to ensure effective Intellectual Property protection measures are implemented and enforced.
- Develop and lead a trade secret protection global matrix organization which includes leaders in all functional and physical locations. WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four year college or university.
- Knowledge of trade secret protection requirements.
- Experience working with administration of a trade secret protection program for a global, technology driven business is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of specialty chemicals/materials industry is desirable.
- Strong people management, influencing, and team building skills.
- Ability to establish effective work relationships in a matrix organization.
- Ability to establish trust, confidence, and credibility throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Position is located in Charleston, SC.
- Ability to travel globally to other SCD locations is required.
- Travel time anticipated to be 25-50% (will vary based on business demands)
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 22 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...