Under supervision, the Intelligence Analyst will conduct background investigations on applicants who are seeking public wholesale market and commercial waste removal licensure and registration, as well as conduct intelligence research to aid in criminal and civil investigations.
The candidate must have experience in the use of proprietary databases, collecting and analyzing intelligence and research information, and preparing detailed reports
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
- Strong written and oral skills
- Knowledge of proprietary databases
- Experience and knowledge of the criminal justice system
- Knowledge of organized crime
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical skills required
- Must be self-motivated
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER & RESUME WITH JVN NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE TO:
City employees: http://cityshare.nycnet/portal/site/cityshare/menuitem.3b321b1d15ad4633f5effa09fc9089a0/
Non-City candidates: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET (OMB) APPROVAL
The City of New York and the Business Integrity Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 15 months ago