ODNI Mission: Lead intelligence integration. Forge an Intelligence Community that delivers the most insightful intelligence possible.
***OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This announcement will be open until the position is filled. Cut off points are scheduled in two-week increments. After each cut-off point, all compliant applications received during the previous two weeks will be reviewed for consideration.***
Mission of the Organization:
The Intelligence Community (IC) Chief Information Officer (CIO) reports directly to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and executes his vision of an integrated intelligence enterprise by effectively enabling intelligence collection, analysis, and sharing through innovative, robust, and secure capabilities. The IC CIO has five primary strategic goals:
Strategic Programs Division (SPD) develops and oversees implementation of the IC CIOs strategic and programmatic plans, policies, and processes to enable delivery of mission-focused information technology (IT) capabilities and services across the Intelligence Enterprise.
- Fortify the Foundation: Define, implement and sustain a single, standards-based interoperable enterprise architecture and survivable infrastructure to accomplish mission objectives and drive efficiencies across the enterprise, encompassing all security domains.
- Deliver User-Focused Capabilities: Provide seamless and secure enterprise solutions for trusted collaboration - people to people, people to data, and data to data, ensuring the protection of intelligence assets and information, and delivering a user experience that enhances mission accomplishment.
- Enable Efficient Business Operations: Enhance support to mission with standardized, integrated, and where applicable, consolidated business processes and supporting technologies.
- Establish Effective Governance and Oversight: Define and implement transparent and data driven governance and oversight processes to support mission.
- Forge Strategic Partnerships: Develop and enhance trusted partnerships within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), the IC, across the United States Government (USG), with Allied partners, and industry, leveraging innovative capabilities to enhance and integrate the intelligence mission.
Additional Position Information:
This is a high visibility position that requires regular interaction with IC and ODNI leadership, and provides an opportunity to lead an IC enterprise-wide business area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Directly support the Policy Team Lead in all policy development efforts for the IC CIO by providing guidance, templates, and clarification throughout the initiation, development, coordination, and approval phases of the development process.
Lead IC CIO policy coordination efforts by serving as a liaison between IC CIO and other ODNI components to support the development and approval of policies in accordance with established priorities, processes, and timelines.
Coordinate and support IC CIO annual policy prioritization activities.
Review and analyze IC and USG statutes and regulations to identify potential IT and information sharing requirements and determine implications for IC IT-related policies, directives, standards, and guidance.
Conduct substantive reviews of written materials, and prepare or contribute to written products and oral presentations (e.g., responses to inquiries, senior-level issue papers, talking points, briefings, and memoranda, etc.) required by IC CIO leadership and other key stakeholders.
Initiate, cultivate, and maintain strategic alliances and professional networks with colleagues, IC CIO leadership, and other key policy stakeholders across ODNI and the IC to facilitate achievement of common goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Extensive knowledge of USG and IC statutes, regulations, memoranda, policies, and directives relating to IT; working knowledge of ODNI and IC policy development/coordination processes.
Demonstrated experience in developing IT-related polices in the IC or USG; demonstrated experience evaluating and facilitating resolution of issues related to the development, coordination, approval, and promulgation of IC-wide IT policies.
Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of the missions of the ODNI, IC, and other stakeholders to develop work products in order to effectively address national intelligence requirements and provide relevant policy responses.
Excellent ability to work effectively with others in an atmosphere of collaboration, encouraging information sharing, constructive feedback, and cooperation across organizational boundaries.
Expert oral and written communication skills including the ability to convey clear, concise, and informative briefings to all levels of management.
Demonstrated project management capabilities, including the ability to effectively coordinate business processes, deliver within time constraints, manage competing priorities, and adjust quickly to handle time sensitive requirements.
Supervision Given: Non-Supervisory
Please refer to the "How to Apply" section for required documentation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based upon the narrative responses you provide to each required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). When describing your knowledge, skills and abilities, please be sure to give examples and explain how often you used these skills, the complexity of the knowledge you possessed, the level of the people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. Your responses should describe the experience; education; and accomplishments which have provided you with the skills and knowledge required for this position.
Please review the list of benefits below. For additional information please visit the OPM website at http://www.opm.gov/insure/index.aspx .
1. Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
2. Life Insurance
3. Long-Term Care Insurance
4. Federal Employees Reirement System (FERS) (new employees automatically covered). If you are transferring from another agency and covered by CSRS, you may continue in this program.
5. Annual Vacation Leave
6. Sick Leave
7. Paid Federal Holidays
8. Alternative work schedule
9. Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service.
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your application will be evaluated solely on the information available and you may not receive full consideration or may not be considered eligible.
The materials you send with your application will not be returned.