The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, California and your community!
The California National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the California National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon acceptance of a military technician position military members who are currently receiving a military Reenlistment/Extension Bonus (REB) or GI Bill-SR Kicker may lose incentive eligibility and may be subject to termination or suspension of incentive (includes indefinite and temporary technicians on assignment for more than 180 days in any continuous 12-month period).
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL SOURCES: Current military members of
the Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, or Regular Air Force
Military grade of E6 Through E8
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive IS NOT authorized.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS ) is NOT authorized, based on determination that PCS move is not in the Government best interest.
Position Requires Travel : Infrequent/Rare
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret SBI/SCI
Compatible Military Assignments: AFCS 1N0XX DUTIES:
THIS IS a permanent POSITION
This position is located in the Intelligence function of the Operations Group at an Air National Guard (ANG) flying unit. The primary purpose of the position is to perform specialized duties and to train assigned military unit members in the duties and functions associated with operational intelligence. Provides detailed intelligence analysis for mission planning, aircrew briefings and debriefings. Trainer and task certifier for intelligence systems, order of battle maintenance, mission planning, threat analysis, and GI&S support. In addition, the incumbent performs complex intelligence analysis of all pertinent threat weapons systems and geopolitical conditions that could impact the units mission success. This position requires a comprehensive working knowledge of intelligence support operations, procedures, and practices.
Subject to Night and/or Rotating Shifts QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
General: Experience, education, or training which demonstrates administrative, professional, investigative, or technical work requiring the ability to deal effectively with others, to collect, evaluate and organize pertinent facts; experience preparing clear and concise written reports.
Intelligence Operations Specialist, GS-0132-11 : Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training developing and recommending policy, organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of intelligence operations. Experience in administrative, investigative, or technical work, which required the applicant to deal effectively with others; experience collecting, evaluating and organizing pertinent facts and to analyze and prepare clear and concise reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Ability to formulate policies, direct and coordinate intelligence activities.
2. Knowledge of intelligence organizations and systems.
3. Ability to analyze and evaluate raw data in order to provide finished reports.
4. Skill in researching and compiling intelligence information to be disseminated.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours for 12 months of experience. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position.
**Course work in fields closely related to those specified may be accepted if it clearly provides applicants with the background of knowledge and skills necessary for successful job performance.**
COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION TO BE CREDITABLE
Conditions of Employment:
- CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé . THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
For information regarding Federal benefits, please see: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. : http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - : http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on this announcement with the prescribed cover letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 60 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...