Do you have a desire to:
This position is located in the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Budget, Finance and Management (DCBFM), Office of Security and Emergency Preparedness (OSEP), Office of Emergency Preparedness (OEP). Once selected for this important position at SSA, the incumbent will serve as an Intelligent Operations Specialist responsible for complex assignments involving defensive counterintelligence (CI) and information coordination with a broad set of Communities of Interest (COIs) to establish and maintain SSA's defensive CI operations, collaboration, and intelligence and information sharing missions which support homeland security.
- help SSA manage its Social Security programs?
- analyze and solve problems?
- help and advise millions of retired and disabled individuals?
- work on a team to make a difference in people's lives and your own?
Join SSA, one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!
This position is located at SSA Headquarters in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Your resume must specifically address the evaluation criteria for the position. This information is instrumental in determining the highest quality candidates to be referred to the Selecting Official. If your application materials do not demonstrate the competencies and experience needed for this position, your application will be ineligible for consideration.
This position is
temporary not-to-exceed 1 year
. This temporary position may be extended for 1 additional year for a total of 2 years.
Up to 2 positions will be filled between these 3 announcements: SH931580, SH931726, and SH931878. You are currently viewing announcement SH931580.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This position is on a fixed shift of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This is an emergency/mission-critical position requiring a Top Secret-Sensitive Compartmented Information Security clearance.
Duties may require 24/7 and 30-day continuous duty.
This position may require occasional travel.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable.
- Background and/or Security Investigation Required.
- Selectees are required to serve a 1 year probationary period.
- Additional selections may be made within 6 months of the closing date.
This is an advanced developmental position leading to the full performance position at the GS-12 level. The duties at this level are characteristic of the full performance PD. Duties will be gradually broadened so that the incumbent is eventually performing all the duties of the full performance level.
- Develops and executes a program implementation plan, establishes related CI policies and metrics, and creates an outreach strategy to engage elements of the Intelligence Community (IC) focused on CI and law enforcement, as appropriate. Develops and maintains a response protocol for resolving CI information that presents a credible threat to SSA. Develops a CI awareness strategy for use by all agency stakeholders.
- Develops training programs and presentations to support SSA's Defensive CI program. Generates written products and provides oral presentations to senior officials. In support of agency participation in continuity exercises, conducts CI analysis, provides CI products, and develops intelligence-related exercise scenarios as required to drive exercise activity.
- Develops recurring CI reports that contain analysis of information, events, and trends involving threats with the potential of damaging SSA's critical assets or impairing its service to the public. Monitors public sources of information (such as the internet, broadcast media, and print media) as well as classified and unclassified government systems for relevant threat information.
To qualify for this position, applicants must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-7 level, or equivalent, performing liaison functions with other intelligence organizations with respect to collecting and analyzing intelligence information. In addition, experience may involve preparing collection instructions, guides, and manuals for use by intelligence organizations, and participating in the review and evaluation of the intelligence collected.
Applicants must have a master's or equivalent graduate degree OR have completed 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR possess a LL.M. or J.D., if related.
Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience that together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
In addition, applicants must meet the
Selective Placement Factor:
Knowledge of defensive Counterintelligence and Insider Threat policies and practices.
To demonstrate this skill, applicants must have two of the following three experience indicators:
Your resume must specifically address the experiences needed for each selective placement factor. This information is instrumental in determining the highest quality candidates to be referred to the Selecting Official.
- Experience adhering to organizational policies and procedures for utilizing defensive counterintelligence and insider threats.
- Experience assisting with the determination of different technical aspects for consideration when developing intelligence forecasting proposals and collection requirements.
- Experience using intelligence and law enforcement community on-line systems, databases, and analytical tools to ascertain information for defensive counterintelligence and insider threats.
TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBSTANTIATE POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED EDUCATION.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR TRANSCRIPTS ACCORDING TO THE PRESCRIBED APPLICATION SUBMISSION DETAILS AT THE END OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. THIS INCLUDES ELECTRONIC UPLOADING OF DOCUMENTS OR SUBMISSION VIA FAX. DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL OR REGULAR MAIL.
For information on substituting education for experience, visit
All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. You must submit your transcripts according to the application submission details of this announcement. Documents will not be accepted via email or regular mail.
- Knowledge of defensive Counterintelligence and Insider Threat policies and practices.
(Selective placement factor - required for consideration)
- Skill in research and analysis.
- Skill in managing multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The evaluation you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire, which is designed to capture the desired competencies for this position. Please make sure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your evaluation. The questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. To preview the questions, click the following link:
View Assessment Questions
Your application will be evaluated under the
method, based on your responses to the Assessment Questions. If you meet the basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1 - Qualified Category - Candidates who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements.
2 - Well Qualified Category - Candidates who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrate a satisfactory level of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
3 - Best Qualified Category - Candidates who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrate a high level of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Social Security offers a comprehensive
that you can customize for your individual medical and financial needs. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help you
balance life with Social Security to life outside of work
. Please review the
SSA Careers website
for additional information.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the
Selective Service System
, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
Social Security Administration - 4 months ago
These guys have your number. Or at least you better hope they do. The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays retirement, disability, and...