Intelligent Transport Systems
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our staff as an
Intelligent Transportation Systems Analyst II
The successful candidate will demonstrate technical professional competency in ITS and traffic engineering technology as it relates to the planning, engineering, design, and operational needs of ITS systems (both freeway and arterial networks). Our ideal candidate will have an understanding of the FHWA Systems Engineering process and have experience with design-build, design-bid-build, and system manager project delivery methods. In this role you will apply broad knowledge of leading-edge ITS and telecommunications technologies for the planning, engineering, and operations of ITS and be prepared to conduct projects for a variety of clients ranging from cities to FDOT Districts.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Under the direction of a Group Manager, this person will design, review and assist in production work as part of a team or as an individual working on specific projects. This includes plans preparation activities utilizing CADD software.
- Will assist with the oversight of project production and financials, and support marketing efforts to ensure client satisfaction, continued program production backlog, and profitability of all projects within the program unit.
- Assist in leading the design of ITS projects based on
Standards and Specifications.
- Assist in managing projects of varying size, and guiding technical staff in completion of projects.
- Collaborate in the design and development of ITS concepts, including requirements analysis; technology review and selection; and development and communication of operational concepts, specifications, testing, and commissioning.
- Assist with writing reports, delivering presentations, communicating concepts and deliverables to clients, and participating in quality control checks.
- Perform other duties as the supervisor and/or the client may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or an ITS-related subject such as Civil Engineering.
- Four to six years of relevant ITS or transportation experience since degree or two years of equivalent experience since M.S. degree, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- Prior experience working with the
and current contacts/relationships preferred.
Microstation is required
- Strong interpersonal and business development skills are required for this position.
- Exceptional communication skills are required in order to develop high-quality written, verbal, and graphical deliverables in the form of progress reports, operational concepts, technology reviews, designs, specifications, presentations, and proposals.
- Some travel will be required with this position.
- Experience with
Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferred.