Community & School Based Outpatient
Services are provided in the community: in-home, at school, at Department of Human Services (DHS), at a Morrison outpatient facility or wherever best meets the family’s needs.
2 Intensive Family Therapist Positions Available!
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits
Licensure Supervision Available!
Posted October 25, 2012
BILINGUAL in English and Spanish REQUIRED:
- Working with primarily Latino Populations
- Supported by our Latino Services Provider Group
- Requires Ability to Speak, Read, and Write in Spanish and English
Posted March 13, 2013
NON Bilingual Required:
When Applying Please Reference the Job Code
Please Follow Application Procedures
Participates as a member of the Family Intensive Supportive Services Team to provide intensive specialized services for children, adolescents, and their families in need of stabilization and diversion away from psychiatric hospitalization and residential placement. Services are comprehensive, individualized, and are provided in clinic, home, educational, and other community settings. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field and a minimum of three years experience working with youth and families in the school, community or other related area. A minimum of two years post graduate experience providing clinical service to children and/or families in a mental health setting.
- Must be able to meet QMHP requirements under State of Oregon MHDD Division’s Administrative rules.
- Experience working with the case management model required.
- Licensure preferred but not required.
- Bilingual/bicultural English and Spanish capabilities required if in designated position
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children birth to eighteen years old.
- Good understanding of and ability to use DSM IV Diagnostic categories.
- Knowledge of individual, family and group treatment strategies, including traditional and non-traditional treatment/service modalities.
- Ability to establish professional communication in English with clients and service providers both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations in a variety of environments.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Ability to remain calm and emotionally available in an environment serving severely traumatized and at-risk children and adolescents.
- Ability to work as a member of a coordinated team effort.
- Ability to accurately read, record and interpret information, including assessments, measures and diagnostic criteria in order to establish client/service provider strengths and needs.
- Ability to regularly attend and be punctual for scheduled work commitments and meetings and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Manual/physical dexterity allowing for performance of routine office functions such as filing, faxing, phone use, computer use, copying, etc.
- Personal transportation allowing for frequent, regular travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner is required. A copy of a valid driver’s license for state of residency, proof of personal auto liability coverage must be provided, and a driving record meeting corporate driving requirements is required. Personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level is required and must be maintained. Any employee driving a personal vehicle for work-related purposes must complete the organization’s driving approval process prior to driving for work.
- Must pass criminal history check.
+ Pay Differential for Licensure
+ Pay Differential For Bilingual Abilities
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code "IFT-445" or “IFT-B-426” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put "IFT-445" or “IFT-B-426” on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer