• Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms
• Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers.
• Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system.
• Directly responsible for delivering User Experience visions, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes.
• Collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members.
• Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you.
• Participate in and foster the Intuit Experience Design Community and mentor junior members of the design team.
• Four-year degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or other relevant field. Graduate degree a plus.
• 5+ years of interface design experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile or award-winning web sites or products; preferably experience with SaaS and mobile products.
• Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research. Seasoned in Agile development processes.
• Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
• Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
• Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
• Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner.
• Expertise with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, but skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner.
• Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions; hands-on expertise with HTML, CSS, AJAX, DoJo, Flash, and/or Flex a plus
• A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
• Strong online portfolio available for viewing
Ab Ovo, Inc. - 4 months ago