NetApp is looking for a full-time, Interaction Designer (based in Waltham, MA) to be a part of its global user experience team. You will work on the next generation of storage management products. In this role you will be responsible for taking complex concepts and creating compelling, delightful and simple experiences for the user. You will have independent design responsibilities while having the support and mentorship of the larger NetApp UX team.
This role is NOT a coding/development position or for someone thinking about a career change to UX. You must be a proven design thinker and have design training or the equivalent hands on experience (with a portfolio to prove your chops!) to be considered for this position.
• Take complex business and user needs and turn them into delightful user experiences
• Facilitate discussions with stakeholders and help define new user experiences
• Create UX deliverables including (but not limited to): low and high fidelity wireframes, user task flows, and UI specs
• Identify less-than-ideal user experiences and provide solutions for improvements
• Conduct user interviews
• Work with UX researchers to conduct user testing
• Work with visual designers to translate wireframes into visual design
• Work with numerous teams across the organization but most closely with Product Management and Engineering
• Help improve the processes of the UX team
• Self-manage own time and deliverables
• Work with a global team across time zones
• Potential to lead UX effort for product lifecycle
• Experience designing products on the web or for the enterprise
• Delivery of at least one product/experience through to "released"
• Proven design thinker
• Passionate advocate/evangelist for user-centered design
• Finely tuned aesthetic sensibility (you don't need to be a visual designer)
• A strong communicator with the ability to compellingly present and defend your work (with confidence!) to all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Extensive knowledge of design principles and standards
• Strong cross-cultural communication and organizational skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Prototyping/coding skills a plus
• Data visualization a plus
Designing for big data a huge plus!
Education and Experience
Education and Experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an interaction or user experience designer (will consider less experienced candidates if they display the right "thinking")
• Bachelor's degree in a design-related field (graphic design, web design, visual communication, etc.) or the equivalent hands on experience
• Your portfolio must demonstrate a breadth and depth of experience, with emphasis on solving complex problems
• Demonstrated strong, innovative, and creative design skills, with focus on conceptualization, visualization, defining interactions, and the overall experience
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, and OmniGraffle
• Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• Agile experience
Full time / Part time
USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....