Do you want to help make healthcare work as it should? Do believe that doing well professionally by doing good socially doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive? Do you believe that healthcare delivery is broken and that there is a better way? If you do, please join us!
athenahealth is transforming the health care industry by helping doctors better manage their practices, their patients, their clinical outcomes, and their cash flow. Our innovative cloud-enabled services have become the premier choice for tens of thousands of medical practices and health systems across the country. Come join us in revolutionizing health care.
We offer a fresh, friendly, and fun work environment where creativity is nourished and cultivated. We are a successful, stable company ready for the challenge of new growth and new products. And we need your help.
Healthcare Transactions is a rapidly growing team responsible for building the most trusted and connected healthcare data exchange service platform in the country. We create tangible value by improving healthcare provider efficiency, strengthening athena’s operating cost structure, and helping healthcare providers make the right clinical and financial decisions at the right time.
Team members play many critical roles in athena’s revenue, clinical, and care coordination service offerings (athenaCollector, athenaClinicals, athenaCoordinator). They build, manage, and innovate the processing of millions of electronic claims, orders, clinical results, pharmacy, and other healthcare data transactions with tens of thousands of supply chain partners on athenaNet - the nation’s largest cloud-based healthcare data exchange service platform - all doing their part to help make healthcare work as it should.
Specific Job Responsibilities include:
Key competencies of the successful candidate will include:
- Analyze client or prospective client current interoperability state and design a future state utilizing a combination of General Availability and/or Limited Availability interface classes
- Respond to interface based business use case solutions inquiries from internal client facing teams and external partners
- Create and maintain documentation outlining solutions to various business use cases and all artifacts that are produced to support a future interoperability state and curate a library
- Partner with internal departments (e.g., sales, production implementation) to ensure that all future interoperability states are reviewed and understood
- Project based m anagement of a team of interface project managers; provides regular feedback to team members, other teams, vendors regarding performance against defined project metrics and goals
- Create and maintain overall project plan and timelines for key deliverables; own all deliverables against timelines
- Driving project based metrics, project call and project team members to ensure that the critical path and milestone tasks are trending in accordance with project goals and analyzing variances to identify improvements in quality and efficiency; including driving success with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Partner with internal departments (e.g., sales, product implementation, account management, Client Support) to educate, understand needs, respond to questions and provide critical communication, transaction support, coordinate execution and status updates regarding active interface projects
- Collaborative Execution – has built and sustained excellent cross- functional relationships at multiple levels across large organizations, proven record building trust with clients and vendors
- Communication – highly articulate; makes written and verbal arguments in a compelling manner
- Driving Results – has translated the overall objectives of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans and has demonstrated an ability to overcome obstacles to delivery successfully
- Culturally astute - is savvy and pragmatic on how to affect change
Qualified candidates will possess the skills necessary to continually assess business processes and implement qualifying performance and unit cost improvements. In addition, this individual must thrive in a fast-paced, often intense and rapidly expanding company.
These abilities include:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred;
- Minimum of seven (7) year professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities;
- Demonstrated success influencing and driving change in a dynamic environment;
- Strong analytic skills and an understanding of application in solving business problems;
- Ability to keep track of numerous detail-intensive, interdependent tasks and ensure their accurate completion;
- Flexibility and the ability to handle rapidly changing priorities as needed
- Aptitude for reengineering processes, tools and role(s) to improve scalability, efficiency and quality
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, and relationship development at all levels of an organization; experience interacting with client escalations
- Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity, dedication and an open mind
- Advanced Excel knowledge;
- Minimum of three (3) years people management experience;
- 2 years ago - save job
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...