Kern Community College District
Under the direction of the Director, Clean Energy Center, the Interim Clean Energy Center Program Manager is responsible for recruitment, outreach, student advising, industry partner relations, job development, job placement, retention, and follow-up for the Clean Energy Center.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
Example of Duties:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Develop and facilitate orientations, workshops and presentations to inform the community regarding training available through the Clean Energy Center.
- Recruit trainees to help meet project deliverables.
- Coordinate meetings with industry partners, other community stakeholders, and the Green Employer council to ensure that Clean Energy Center programs meet industry and community needs.
- Participate in the selection of not-for-credit courses to be offered by the Clean Energy Center.
- Work with industry partners to discover placement opportunities for Clean Energy Center students.
- Help identify and pursue funding opportunities to enhance the sustainability of the Clean Energy Center and its programs.
- Develop and enhance Clean Energy Center industry partnerships.
- Work with Clean Energy Center students to help prepare them for job placement.
- Prepare reports regarding industry contacts and job placement activities.
- Enroll trainees utilizing Department of Labor participant tracking system.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Area industries
- Client relations
- Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment
- Principles of public speaking
- Correct English usage, grammar, and punctuation
Education and Experience
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Establish good working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational cooperation
- Learn College and District organization and applicable operations, policies, and procedures
- Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic mail, and spreadsheet programs
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Travel to meetings around the state
Any combination equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree AND two (2) years experience in project coordination, job placement or recruiting.
A demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Posting Date: 01/03/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week
Minimum Salary: $56,352.85 per year
Maximum Salary: $80,494.01 per year (Maximum entry level: $62,440.84 annual)
College/Site: District Office
Location: DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
Salary Grade: E
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, January 17, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
To apply, visit: http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3305
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard